Saturday, January 5, 2013

First Post

Hello folks,

This blog is going to be full of indoor growing fun. If you have read my previous blogs, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this new one. If you are reading for the first time you can check out my first blog, all about growing trees from seed for bonsai's, click here.

I started a little fun project for this first post. It is kinda lame but anyone will be able to do this for sure. I was watching youtube and a lady that I am subscribed too did this in one of her videos. So drum roll please... celery! All you have to do is go buy some celery from your local farm market, and cut the bottom of the bunch of celery and add it to a small container with water going half way up the root. It should take a week or so before the roots start to come out. Then just move to a soil filled pot. You can try just adding the celery to dirt if you would like but I like the water idea. Also you need to chance the water every couple of days. If your stock takes root, the middle of the base will start to sprout new leaves and you are on your way to having fresh celery.

Good luck.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Matthew,

    Came to this blog via your last via a search for info on growing bonsai from seed. Interested in your pursuits - any update on the celery? Would like to know if it worked. I've got an old bunch of celery in the fridge so I may give this a shot.

    ReplyDelete